September 4, 2015

Mermaid Photo Shoot - Ventura Beach Photography

I'm sharing some highlights from an adorable mermaid shoot I recently did with a sweet little girl who loves mermaids. She was so camera shy but I wouldn't expect anything different from a mermaid. It worked out great though because my favorite shots sometimes are not the ones where the subject is perfectly smiling at the camera. I love to capture the candid moment of a soft laugh or eyes drifting off day dreaming. To gets those shots during a photo shoot I often have to pretend like I'm not taking a picture, I'm just getting my camera "set up." I think it relieves some of the stress for the person in front of the camera. They get a chance to breathe, and relax for a minute while I time the shot to get a real candid portrait...it turns out, my little trick works for mermaids too.













1 comment: