January 4, 2016

Top Ten Wedding Photos of 2015 | Ventura County Wedding Photographer

At the start of every year I post my top ten most favorite photos from the year before. It gives me time to look back at each shoot and to see overall where I excelled and where I fell short. From that I create my technical, creative, and business goals for the year. It's an exciting time for me and I always end this process feeling extremely grateful. This year I'm grateful to have expanded my wedding photography business so much so that I had to create a separate top ten list just for weddings! These top ten photos might not be the majorities favorite but each one stood out to me for different reasons. So in no particular order, I present my top ten wedding photos of 2015!

At a beautiful park in Santa Barbara, this bride made her groom the happiest man on Earth! In addition to saying "I do," she surprised him by pulling her vows out of a surprise pocket from the lining of her dress with an embroidered Chelsea Football Club emblem. His face tells you what a serious fan he is and how happy she makes him. It was a moment during the ceremony that no one will forget. 
One of the largest bridal parties we've had the pleasure to photograph and one of the most fun too! These dresses were all hand made by the same amazing lady and I knew I needed a photo that showed off how beautifully they moved. So we paired up bridesmaids and groomsmen, sent them for a walk! It did just the trick for the dresses and it got everyone smiling and having fun!
The details at this backyard reception were so well done. It was unique and portrayed the couples personality just perfectly. Their table decor was full of color, whimsy, joy and thoughtfulness. I love the printed on wood polaroid style photos! 
There is so much I love about this photo, her expression, that tree, the beautiful light, the ivy crawling in the corner. This is taken at the Los Angeles Temple and I wanted to give them something unique. If you're familiar with any wedding photos from the LA Temple, we did the common shot with bride and groom on the big lawn with full temple in back, but I also wanted to give them something that no one else would have. This tree and angle was the answer.
The ring shot! One of my favorite things to photograph on a wedding day. I love the elegance and opulence of these rings on the worn wood surface. They are so different yet compliment each other so well. 
I could have pulled any photo of these two and included it on this list. Their personalities, humor, and love just naturally fit so well together. I wanted a photo of them to portray that feeling of a beautiful fitting couple. 
This outdoor ceremony at the McCormick Home Ranch in Camarillo was a dream. Huge palms all around with a blooming arch made an incredible backdrop for these two. There was lots of laughter and joy in this ceremony but the love that exuded when they joined hands and bowed heads in unison was easily felt by all. 
A bride's wedding jewelry is a sacred thing, with everything hand picked to complete her wedding day look. The jewelry is something that, unlike the dress, can be worn again to bring back the memories and feelings of such a special day. Capturing every detail of the day, even down to one link of a necklace is so important to me because I know it's important to my brides.
This bouquet! I loved everything about this bouquet. It's unique torch-like shape with sprigs of lavender made me swoon. There were so many ways to hold it too, resting on her arm or swinging upside down as she walked, it all looked so beautiful. 
I can not say enough good things about these two people, as individuals and as a couple. They are two genuine and loving souls so perfectly matched. Their smiles say it all. I loved it when they looked at each other and you could tell everything else for them just faded away. Their wedding and reception at Rancho De Las Palmas was perfect from start to finish! 


I wasn't able to fit all of my 2015 weddings on the list but I want all my brides to know how much I loved working with each and every one of you! Thank you and let me know when you all need photos of your babies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment